Let’s celebrate National Pizza Day with a slice of thin crust, deep dish or Chicago style pizza. Pizza is known to be an American favorite.
A few interesting fun facts:
- 17% of all US Restaurants are pizzerias.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the US each year and 1 billion frozen pizzas.
- Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.
- Domino’s delivery drivers will log about 4 million miles on Super Bowl Sunday.
- Pepperoni if the most popular pizza of all ordered.
- Saturday night is the most popular night to eat pizza.
Another favorite pizza to make is Margherita Flatbread Pizza. Try this recipe the next time you are making pizza at home.
Fun facts compliments of pizza.com and image compliments of MellowMushroom.com.